Friday, January 8, 2010

For My Own Amusement...

A long time ago when I was Assistant Stylist to Cathy O'Connor, we worked on a commercial project styling the Irish Ferries photo stills. The product of this work can be seen in their travel brochures and website (www.irishferries.ie).  I've attached some here for your (and my) amusement.  To be fair, the colours used are sharp, bright and eye-catching, perfect for the travel market and serves their purpose.



The people on this project were truly wonderful to work with.  It was the most fun I had whilst trapped on a ship for 5 days.



Due to the tight time schedule (we had sunlight and the duration of the ship trip to race) and budget we had to pull staff that were on breaks to fill in photography spots.



It was my first time working with children and I must give credit to these young professionals as they were speedy, fun and respectful of the wardrobe.  They never complained about waiting around and asked if they could eat an ice-cream with their grandpa!



It was also interesting (and a challenge) to chose "timeless, cost unspecific and broad appeal" clothing that would look good on a tight budget.  It must be said that a polo t-shirt, jeans and blazer for men is one of those "no-mistake" looks.  Despite this fact, it is not a look that I would recommend to a young man in 2010.

No comments: