Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Falling Fairies in the Wicked World


My dear friend Juan Carlos Obando and his team has done it wonderfully again.  For the first time in 3 seasons I wasn't in New York to lend a hand during fashion week and for that I regret.  The one thing that I admire most about JC and his work is what his attire does to a womans body.  It's no secret that models have the same amount of curves as my Ikea kitchen table delightfully provided to Alison and I by our landlord.  Yet, JC has the endless power to give these figures the shape and elegance that all women (and men) adore.

The one thing that I really miss about not being able to support JC and the team this season is that I don't get to touch these garments.  Yes they look like a dream and yes, I want to sell my first born (if I had one) to have that centre jacket in my closet but the touch of the fabric that are chosen every season give me the same happiness as bare feet on sand, sheer and total happiness that is.

A standing round of applause to Juan Carlos Obando!

No comments: