Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dun Laoghaire Festival of World Cultures

So I think I told you that I was exhibiting my latest limited edition collection with Re-Dress at Dun Laoghaire.  It was such a success that we will be seeing Castle Palooza too!

The girls at Re-Dress, Rosie and Kellie created a great area for people to come walk-about the tent, learn about artists and designers working with ethical and recycling methods and to participate in a workshop.  It was a design-at-the-moment type of workshop where children and adults could come, sit and use the free materials to make accessories by up- and re-cycling existing clothes.

While I was there I got to volunteer my time and teach some children how to make bracelets, necklaces and rings from trims and fabric.  A great festival for everyone and I couldn't believe how pretty Dun Laoghaire is!
Re-Dress
Inside the tent
Crowds gather at the mini workshop
Rosie and a Re-Dress student
West 129 at Re-Dress

No comments: