Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I had a moment to indulge

in the things that I love today on a quick walk to clear my head.

Today I was terrified, I mean I was really really scared.  Scared in a way that I thought in a moment of panic 'what if this is it?'.  In fact I don't even remember ever being so scared in my lifetime.  In one day, as human beings we can experience so many emotions.  From complete fear, relief, gratitude, pity, bravado, pride and back to happiness.

As I walked along the canal near my apartment I thought of all the little things that make me smile and feel happiness.  I have a habit of looking up as I walk under a tree- I look at all the branches, the leaves and the light coming through and I realised it always makes me smile.  Its foolish and dangerous (I once nearly collided with an oncoming cyclist) but I love it.

So here is the list of things that make me smile and feel happiness:
1.   Wiggling my toes in sand.
2.   Wiggling my toes in mud.
3.   Letting grainy substances like sand, rices, dry beans such as coffee beans or lentils run through my fingers as I lift them out of their container.  I also like sinking my fingers vertically into the aforementioned.
4.   Walking around in my bare feet.
5.   Holding hands.
6.   A wave from a stranger (I got one today from a man on a bike on my way back from my walk and I reciprocated with finger wiggle wave and a big smile [I like to do different waves, makes me feel creative]).
7.   A smile from a stranger (because I believe that a smile is the best form of infection).
8.   Watching someone open a present.
9.   Hearing a man laugh like a boy.
10.  Pretending you aren't crying at the movie.
11.  Cleaning the house top to bottom and having a shower after (for a brief moment, everything is clean and as it should be).
12.  Knowing that I drank a healthy amount of water in one day.
13.  Getting handwritten letters.
14.  When a human being surprises you with an act of kindness.
15.  When I know I've been brave.
16.  When someone keeps a promise.
17.  Defuzzing.
18.  Waking up to clear skin.
19.  Knowing what to wear with little effort in the decision.
20.  Seeing my mum dressed up and thinking her amazing style maybe genetic.
21.  Seeing a beautiful car with an equally beautiful man driving.

Some of these I think are gay, girlie and emotion related, actually they're all emotion related, hence making me happy.  Reading back on them I wonder if it they tell you the kind of person I am.

No comments: