Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer Colour


Since its 21 degrees out and I'm BSing (Blogging and Sunbathing!) I thought that I would write about my favourite beauty product: Nail Polish.  Yes, most ladies would never leave their house without mascara, others a lash of lippy but for me, therapy lies in the purchase of a new colour that excites me and the time and care it takes to do a manicure.  Is it just me or does that sound really nerdy?

I came to realise lately that even though I love colour and am mildly obsessed by it, I don't wear much of it.  In fact my wardrobe is dominated by shades of white and black.  Though this summer I decided to rock the neutrals, i.e. grey, blush and shades of browns.  Not exactly the colours of the rainbow...  I guess that is why nail polish is my way of expressing my love of colour.

These are my summer picks and the ones that I have deemed my favourite for the summer.  If you meet me on the street no doubt I will be wielding one of these five pretty colours: (from left to right in photo) Instyle Candy by Nails Inc. London (free with this months Instyle Magazine), OPI on Collins Ave by OPI, 331 Allegoria by Chanel, Gone Fishing by Topshop Nails and You don't know Jacques! by OPI.  

These colours are pretty and bright but I must say takes a steady hand and 2 coats to get looking great.  Right now I am wearing Gone Fishing and while its chipping off, it still looks really good.

The nail polishes are photographed here with bangles I designed and handmade at my time in Parsons.  They were part of a tribal collection of shoes and accessories and are really easy to make.  Buy yourself some cheap bangles, find some thin yarn/rope/thread and start wrapping.  End the wrapping by sewing the end in and add some beads or charms.

I visited the new Topshop makeup collection last week.  I love the packaging even though I normally like my beauty products to be in the black slick format.  Thumbs up to the nail polish and their range of colours.  I do wish however that their eye liner and crayon sticks came in better colours.  Go check it out for yourself but try not to spend all your pennies in one go as they promise to update and issue new colours all the time!


3 comments:

Merriam-Webster said...

You misspelled "color" several times in this post.

Zoë said...

"Color" is spelt "colour" in Ireland and the U.K but thank you for pointing this out.

Usman Awais said...

Architectural consultants in Dubai
Architecture firms in Dubai